International Day of Light 2024
Join in events and activities taking place worldwide around the theme of "Light In Our Lives".
Light in Our Lives
Through the efforts of UNESCO, the International Day of Light (IDL) inspires events and activities taking place on 16 May around the world, each raising awareness associated with this theme on various topics:
- The beautiful effects of light and color in nature
- The ways in which new technologies in lighting enhance our daily lives
- The ways in which natural daylight enhances design and architecture
- How the science of light brings life-changing advances in healthcare
- The ways in which light pollution impacts our ecosystem and appreciation of the night sky
- How our lives are enriched by telescope images of the universe
- The ways in which metaphors of light are used in art and culture.
And many more! Visit the official IDL site for an up-to-date list of all available activities and locations.